1. Cardholder or WalletThis one’s a no-brainer; a woman's tote bag isn’t complete without her wallet. After all, how else is she going to pay for things? In addition to cash and cards, a woman's wallet usually contains essential items like her driver's license and health insurance card.
2. Agenda or Day PlannerA calendar or planner is essential for keeping track of appointments, meetings, and deadlines. Modern women know that writing things down in an agenda book or planner keeps them focused and ready for the day ahead.
3. Pain Relievers (Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen)Pain relievers are another essential. Whether you’re dealing with a headache or cramps, some ibuprofen or acetaminophen can make all the difference and is helpful to have on hand!
4. LipstickLipstick is the perfect accessory for any outfit. Whether you're going for a natural look or something more glam, there's lipstick out there for you. And since a quick touch-up is often necessary throughout the day, keeping your lipstick nearby is an easy way to freshen up your look.
5. SunglassesSunglasses are essential for any time spent outdoors — they protect your eyes from harmful UV rays and help keep you relaxed and comfortable on even the hottest days. Plus, paired with your tote bag, they make a great fashion statement!
6. WipesMoms everywhere know: don't go anywhere without a pack of baby wipes...they come in handy for anything and everything (not just baby's bum!).
7. SnacksAvoid buying unhealthy (and overpriced) food from vending machines or fast food restaurants. When hunger strikes, it's always good to have some snacks close by. Plus, snacks can especially come in handy when you're stuck somewhere with nothing else to eat (like on a long car ride or flight!).
8. Journal & PenYou never know when you will need to leave a note for someone or for those moments when inspiration strikes or you need to jot down a quick thought.
9. Breath Mints & FlossNo one likes bad breath, and mints or gum are a great way to keep your mouth feeling fresh and smelling amazing. And after meals, it's always a good idea to check your teeth and ensure you don't have anything left behind (with floss as a helpful backup).
10. Safety PinsFashion emergencies can happen at any time, no matter how well you plan your outfit. A ripped hem, a popped button, or other clothing emergency can ruin your look and make you feel embarrassed. That's why keeping a few safety pins in your bag is always a good idea.
These are just a few things women typically carry around in their totes! Did any of them surprise you? If you’re searching for the perfect tote bag or large handbag, look no further than our fashionable day tote bags.