5 Tips for Styling with Your HandbagHere are five tips on how to style your bag with your outfit:
- Stick to a maximum of three colors in your outfit, including your shoes. Any more than that, and you run the risk of looking a bit mismatched. Of course, this doesn't mean you have to limit yourself to neutral tones. If you're bold, try pairing a bright bag with a monochromatic outfit. Make sure that the overall effect is deliberate styling, not haphazard mismatching. With a little trial and error, you'll soon develop a knack for choosing the right bag for any outfit.
- Let the bag be the star of the show. If your outfit is already very busy or colorful, stick to a neutral bag like black, brown, or grey. This will allow your outfit to take center stage and add a touch of elegance to your look with an understated (yet showstopping) bag. In contrast, if you are wearing a more neutral outfit, you can choose a bag in a bolder color or pattern. Either way, by making your bag the focal point of your ensemble, you’re sure to make a stylish statement.
- Consider the occasion. If you're going somewhere where you'll be doing a lot of walking, you'll want a smaller (or crossbody) bag that you can easily carry around. However, if you're going to an event where you'll be sitting most of the time, you can afford to go bigger.
- Play with texture. If your ensemble is mainly made up of one fabric, like denim or cotton, mix it up by adding a bag made from a different material, like leather or suede. Not only does this add interest to your look, but it also gives you the opportunity to experiment with different textures and colors.
- Keep it simple. A final basic rule of thumb is that less is almost always more when accessorizing. You don't want your bag to overshadow your outfit or vice versa. The goal is for them to complement each other perfectly!
Now that you know a few tricks for styling your handbag with your outfit, go out there and experiment! With these guidelines in mind, feel free to get creative with your looks. Let the final piece of your look always be the element that ties everything together. At Alaina Marie, our handbags are perfect for this concept because they are so unique in material and design. Find your perfect handbag today!