1. Design your handbag or rope bracelet at the AM Design Bar in South PortlandLooking for a fun and unique activity for your bridal shower or girls night out in Portland, Maine? Look no further than the Alaina Marie Design Bar! At our design bar, ladies can create their custom handbags and/or rope bracelets. We provide all the materials and instructions needed, so all you have to do is show up and have fun! Plus, our design bar is located in the heart of South Portland, so there are plenty of incredible restaurants and shops nearby for your ladies to enjoy before or after creating their one-of-a-kind designs. So if you're looking for a fun and memorable activity for your next girls night out, visit us at the Alaina Marie Design Bar!
2. Wine Tasting at Cellardoor WineryCellardoor Winery is a great place to enjoy a fun ladies-only bridal shower or girls night out. The winery offers a variety of wine tastings, as well as classes on winemaking and pairing. With a beautiful downtown Portland location, you’ll love the local wines (from their Lincolnville winery) and cheese or snack board pairings. For those looking for something a little different, Cellardoor Winery is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or simply enjoy a special time with girlfriends.
3. Book a Maine Lobster Tour with Lucky Catch CruisesIf you're looking for fun bridal shower or girls night ideas, consider booking a Lobster Tour with Lucky Catch Cruises. Spend an evening aboard a comfortable boat enjoying the fresh air and stunning views of Portland Harbor. You'll have the opportunity to see how lobsters are caught and enjoy the beautiful sights of Seal Rock and Maine Coastal Lighthouses. It's an experience you and your ladies will remember for years to come.
4. Make a dinner reservation at ScalesScales is a seafood restaurant that offers a wide variety of fresh, locally-sourced seafood dishes. The restaurant has a casual atmosphere, making it perfect for friends to get together and celebrate. Plus, the ample menu means something for everyone to enjoy. So whether you're looking for a fun night out with the girls or an intimate setting for your bridal shower, Scales is sure to please.
5. Head to Portland Lobster Company for live music and drinksThe Portland waterfront has plenty to offer and Portland Lobster Company is one of our all-time favorites. Don’t miss the delicious lobster-centric menu, along with fantastic drinks. You’ll love the waterfront views with the ever-amazing live bands and music showcased at the restaurant.
6. Memorialize with photosIf budget allows, it's worth the investment to have a talented local photographer meet up and take some pictures of you and your ladies. Memorialize the evening and take it to the next level by creating a photo book with all your favorite images.
7. Swing by Portland Museum of ArtCheck out the latest art exhibit before heading across the street to the Top of the East for excellent martinis and 360 views of the Portland skyline. At PMA, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of works of art, so there’s often a little something for everyone, no matter what your artistic preference.
Portland, Maine has plenty of great options if you're looking for a fun way to celebrate the bride-to-be. From custom handbag designing to cruises, there's something for everyone. So get your girls together and start planning some unforgettable memories!